Friday 21 December 2012

Another world ending ~ survived....


Phew....well this was my fourth (or fifth) “end of the world” prediction and I’ve survived. 

As I reflect on previous ‘end of the world’ promises...my memory reminds me how I felt during some of these events.  I was quite young when I remember the first ‘end of the world’ scare.  I remember feeling afraid.  I think I was about 8 then.  I remember adults talking about it.  I don’t remember the details of their conversations but I do remember the feeling of worry.   The next one I remember, I was in my mid to late teens ~ a very troubling time for me.  I remember skipping up and down the middle of the road, hoping not to be “missed” this time.  I didn’t want to be a survivor.  I didn’t care where I went; I just knew I didn’t want to be here anymore.  This time, I’ve spent the past few years consoling and reassuring my children and others.

As I’ve grown, I’ve come to accept the “end of the world” predictions as a part of life.  Media now plays an even greater role is perpetuating fear.  The more people hear something, the easier it comes for them to buy into the message; whether it is grounded in fact or not.  This bothers me.  So many people still believe the ‘news’ with great reverence.  As in the past, I wonder, how many people have become so fearful of the 12-21-12 that they took their own lives.  Extreme thinking you say....I ask you to reflect on this a moment?  We know of events around the world where ‘religious’ sects have staged and executed masse suicides based on a prediction that the world was coming to an end.  And there are far more people who makes changes or take action based on similar fears.

My message is not intended to be gloomy, thus the choice of this font; but rather to serve as a reminder.  The end of ‘our’ world as we know can happen at any second and in an assortment of ways.  We never know when or how our world will change and so...for that reason, it is important that we know who we are.  When we can live our truth; comfortable knowing who we are, it doesn’t really matter when or how the world comes to an “end”.

Today is also the Winter Solstice; the first day of winter...the shortest day of the year and where I live...our first snow of the season.  You’ve survived this season’s journey into darkness as the world ‘ends’.  Tomorrow, you will begin the path into light as the days once again grow longer.  As you embark on this new expedition do so with confidence and passion.  Let your light shine brightly for all the world to see and celebrate who you are with joy and zeal!

Embarking on a voyage with you...Carleana

No comments:

Post a Comment